By Klaus Fricke
Dieses Lehr- und Übungsbuch stellt praxisnah und lückenlos die Grundlagen der Digitaltechnik bis hin zur Programmierung einfacher Mikroprozessoren dar. Die Darstellung der booleschen Algebra und die verwendeten Symbole entsprechen der geltenden DIN-Norm. Die Kapitel über synchrone und asynchrone Schaltwerke wurden überarbeitet und übersichtlicher gegliedert. Übungsaufgaben am Ende eines jeden Kapitels und deren Lösung im Anhang ermöglichen auch in dieser 6. Auflage ein erfolgreiches Selbststudium.
By Ed Regis
“Oh, the humanity!" Radio reporter Herbert Morrison's phrases on witnessing the destruction of the Hindenburg are etched in our collective reminiscence. but, whereas the Hindenburg—like the Titanic—is a logo of the technological hubris of a bygone period, we appear to have forgotten the teachings that may be realized from the notorious 1937 zeppelin disaster.
Zeppelins have been steerable balloons of hugely flammable, explosive gasoline, however the sheer magic of seeing this type of behemoths afloat within the sky solid an impossible to resist spell over all those that observed them. In Monsters, Ed Regis explores the query of ways a expertise now so thoroughly invalidated (and so essentially detrimental) ever controlled to arrive the high-risk point of improvement that it did. in the course of the tale of the zeppelin's improvement, Regis examines the perils of what he calls “pathological technologies"—inventions whose great hazards are normally minimized due to their nearly mystical allure.
Such foolishness isn't really restricted to the commercial age: more recent examples of pathological applied sciences comprise the USA government's deliberate use of hydrogen bombs for large-scale geoengineering tasks; the phenomenally dicy, dear, and finally deserted Superconducting tremendous Collider; and the unique interstellar propulsion structures proposed for DARPA's present-day a hundred 12 months Starship undertaking. In case after case, the romantic allure of foolishly bold applied sciences has blinded us to their shortcomings, risks, and costs.
Both a historical past of technological folly and a strong cautionary story for destiny applied sciences and different grandiose schemes, Monsters is vital analyzing for specialists and electorate hoping to work out new applied sciences via transparent eyes.
By National Research Council, Division on Engineering and Physical Sciences, Board on Manufacturing and Engineering Design, Committee on Technologies to Deter Currency Counterfeiting
This can be certainly a amazing booklet. it's not for the informal reader. you want to have a true curiosity within the applied sciences of paper funds production. There aren't many folks. i'm faraway from comprehensive, yet i've got realized much and count on studying even more.
By Dan Gookin
A colourful, enjoyable, and informative advisor to the Samsung Galaxy family members of tablets
Samsung's bestselling Galaxy Tabs might are available in a number of sizes, yet all of them proportion the wildly well known Android working approach and are jam-packed with hundreds top-notch pill gains. This full-color e-book exhibits you the way to take pleasure in every part your Galaxy Tab can do, despite version: browse the net, deal with electronic mail, deal with your social media, make telephone calls and video chat, learn e-books, take and percentage pictures, play track, and extra. writer Dan Gookin, recognized for his ability in demystifying expertise, takes you on a journey of the Galaxy, explaining hidden capsule methods and exhibiting you the way to make your Tab your own.
• Walks you thru each component of the preferred Galaxy Tab versions, illustrated with full-color display photographs that exhibit you precisely find out how to use your new tablet
• Covers the original components of this impressive Android capsule that supply the Galaxy Tab a aggressive facet in addition to extra universal pill gains just like the touchscreen interface, net browser, digicam, social media, email, apps, and more
• contains information for filling your Galaxy Tab with track, video clips, television exhibits, books, video games, pictures, video clips, and different cool content material from Google Play
• exhibits you the way to variety effectively at the Tab keyboard, get instructions, deal with your content material, attach wirelessly, go back and forth together with your Tab, and customise its features
Samsung Galaxy Tabs For Dummies is the correct advisor for buying began and getting round the Galaxy like a professional.
By Miguel Grinberg
Take complete artistic keep watch over of your net functions with Flask, the Python-based microframework. With this hands-on booklet, you'll research Flask from the floor up through constructing a whole social running a blog program step by step. writer Miguel Grinberg walks you thru the framework's middle performance, and exhibits you the way to increase purposes with complicated net thoughts resembling database migration and internet provider communication.
Rather than impose improvement guidance as different frameworks do, Flask leaves the company of extensions as much as you. in case you have Python adventure, this publication indicates you ways to use that artistic freedom.
* study Flask's uncomplicated program constitution and write an instance app
* paintings with must-have components—templates, databases, net types, and electronic mail support
* Use programs and modules to constitution a wide software that scales
* enforce person authentication, roles, and profiles
* construct a running a blog function through reusing templates, paginating merchandise lists, and dealing with wealthy text
* Use a Flask-based RESTful API to show app performance to smartphones, drugs, and different third-party clients
* easy methods to run unit checks and improve program performance
* discover recommendations for deploying your internet app to a creation server
By Johannes Fink
Whilst classifying fracturing fluids and their ingredients, it is vital that creation, operation, and final touch engineers comprehend which chemical could be used in diverse good environments. A user's advisor to the various chemical substances and chemical ingredients utilized in hydraulic fracturing operations, Hydraulic Fracturing chemical compounds and Fluids expertise offers an easy-to-use guide to create fluid formulations that may meet project-specific wishes whereas conserving the surroundings and the lifetime of the good. Fink creates a concise and accomplished reference that permits the engineer to logically pick out and use definitely the right chemical substances on any hydraulic fracturing task. the 1st publication committed solely to hydraulic fracturing chemical substances, Fink removes the guesswork so the engineer can decide upon the simplest chemical substances wanted at the activity whereas delivering the simplest safety for the good, employees and environment.
* Pinpoints the explicit compounds utilized in any given fracturing operation
* presents a scientific method of classifying fracturing fluid know-how to satisfy particular venture needs
* gets rid of guesswork with easy-to-understand language on choice and parts of hydraulic fracturing chemicals
* Addresses environmental points of chemical compounds to guard staff and defend the surroundings
By The Wall Street Journal
“The way forward for Everything” used to be released in December 2014 through The Wall road Journal.
These essays have been initially released July eight, 2014, as a part of the Journal’s “WSJ 125” exact part, which honored the publication’s a hundred and twenty fifth anniversary. The part will be considered on-line at wsj.com/125. The essays are reproduced right here as they ran, notwithstanding a few headlines have been edited.
The disguise representation was once via Daniel Hertzberg. The paintings director was once Manuel Velez. The editors have been Larry Rout, Glenn RuZenach, Matt Murray and David Marino-Nachison.
For questions on this or different e-books from The Wall road magazine, e mail [email protected] For extra information, details and subscription info, stopover at wsj.com.